Monday, March 10, 2008

Thunderdooooooooome.

We rehearsed tonight. And because this is all about me, I'm just going to talk about Spite. (But best of luck to the other two teams, who will rock it. Just not as hard. As Spite will.)

I don't think I'm betraying the trust of my fellow Spiters to say we were lukewarm about our set tonight. Of course, what you want to do is go in to the pre-show rehearsal and blow the other troupes off the stage...put the fear of Del into them...PWN them. You know?

We agreed we weren't as playful as we could have been. And maybe we could stand to cut the scenes shorter. (Of course, "aggressive cutting" is to me what butter is to Paula Dean. Makes 'most anything better.) But those are two easily fixed things...plus, we'll be in a good rhythm after playing with our pals in
Tantrum at 7.

Honestly, the only thing that scares me is the slight feeling that I may be starting to come down with something.

So this week is training week. The plan:
  • No crappy food. Fruits. Veggies. Protein. Every day. Maybe vitamin supplements.
  • Workouts on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 
  • Solitary rehearsals. There are exercises I've been meaning to try in a Spolin book and Mick's book. So I'm going to make myself do them. 
One of the shows I've felt best about in recent years was a 2 Much Duck show with Pete, Josh and Linda. Knowing it was potentially just going to be Pete, Josh and me–and knowing not everyone needs or wants as much warmup as I like—I prepped myself in the car on the way to the show. Easy stuff...just put the radio on "scan" and changed characters every time the station changed. The music informed the character, and the seat and steering wheel made it easy to change the physicality of each one. I did it for about 15 minutes. Other drivers thought I was nuts, but I was toasty when I got to the theater. 

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.