Friday, June 13, 2008

All about the reaction


All about the reaction, originally uploaded by tberrongkc.

I left work early (stupid, stupid cold...I'm MISSING HAPPY HOUR BECAUSE OF THIS, DAMMIT) and caught part of a Steve Carrell interview on NPR.

In talking about the scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin where he said, "You know how when you grab a woman's breast...it feels like...a bag of sand," and the chest waxing scene, he said what he really thought was funny was the reactions of the people in the scenes with him. 

I love the idea of approaching a scene with the idea of "I'm just going to give my partners big ol' fabulous gifts, because I can't wait to see how they react to them."

Also, I love the idea of having bigger, more playful, even extreme reactions. 

Something to mess with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.