Saturday, June 7, 2008

Generations


Generations, originally uploaded by tberrongkc.

Andrew and Clay are directing Some Technical Difficulty.

Right here, I'm going to ask you not to refer to to this group by their abbreviated name. Had I been thinking more clearly when the high-schoolers suggested it as their Thunderdome name, I might have said "oh, NO." But I did not.

And now they are Some Technical Difficulty. 

Here's what's cool. Given the chance to perform in Improv Thunderdome, they were mostly excited about getting to do a show without the restraints we typically put on them at the Corbin and especially at LHS. But when they saw a troupe go really blue, their response was, "Oh. Yeah. Say f--k a lot. THAT'S funny."

Yay!

On the other hand, they'll be able to do content we can't touch—which means they'll probably be able to play things way more real. And with Andrew and Clay as directors, they're working with people who get them on a different level than I can. 

Can't wait to see it. I'll be in the back, wincing every now and then with the other grown-ups.

1 comment:

  1. AW, it reminds me of when I was part of Severe Tire Damage.

    ReplyDelete

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.