Sunday, July 6, 2008

My time in the suburbs


My time in the suburbs, originally uploaded by tberrongkc.

That's two trips this weekend. Which is unusual for me since 1) I live in and stick close to Midtown and 2) $4.06 A GALLON! ZOMG!!1

But the festival work is caught up, and my house is...um...a little out of control. Because I am all sorts of disciplined, my reaction to a full afternoon open for cleaning was to immediately get in the car and go far, far away. 

Actually, it helped. I've kind of hit a wall where looking at my computer screen is concerned. Three hours of mindless but surprisingly productive shopping (the pillows I've been coveting on sale, finally...heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil...the world's greatest spinach salad...and sparkly flip flops, which I will delude myself into thinking are work-appropriate because, you know, SPARKLY) has me ready to clean.

Mostly because I can't put the pillows on the sofa till the couch has been cleared of cat hair.

1 comment:

  1. Trish, do you have a Dyson purple pet-hair-specific vacuum? We got one last week, and I'm so in love that I'm thinking of writing a whole blog on it.

    ReplyDelete

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.