Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yep, it's back to that


Yep, it's back to that, originally uploaded by tberrongkc.

Computer-bound again. Hey, this is the most accurate representation of my day...from what it looked like at work to what it has looked like for the last four hours. Whee! I am excitement personified. 

Tonight has been dedicated to getting KCiF workshops wrangled and web copy written. I'm hopeful it'll be complete in time to get up on the website by August 1. 

Because of gas prices, the amount of stuff that happens to get done, and the difficulty in getting representatives of performing troupes to show up to mandatory meetings, we're trying an experiment: Virtual Meetings. About once a week, I send out an e-mail with what needs to get done and what's coming up. 

It's working OK, I guess. It means mailboxes get filled up and decisions are made over the course of 24-48 hours instead of three minutes, which both kinda suck. We're going to have to suck it up and have some in-person meetings. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it. While I don't think all virtual meetings are bad, I just feel we've been more successful meeting f2f.

    ReplyDelete

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.