Thursday, June 11, 2009

Go-time.

Here's why this weekend will be fun:

Friday at 8pm at the Westport Coffeehouse, I get to play with Tantrum. And Kevin, who's part of what seriously is the most amazing staff of copywriter-types you've ever met—which means a bunch of Hallmark pals will be in the audience. It's some of my favorite people in the world in the same room all. At. One. Time.

Friday night/Saturday morning, there will be an approximately 3-hour dip in the awesomeness as I figure out whether I should just stay up all night because I have to be at the airport at 5:30am. Fortunately, I'm flying Delta instead of Southwest, which means I'm not setting my alarm for 5:30am to check in.

Saturday at 8:36am, I get picked up at the Atlanta airport in my sister's rockin' minivan, which will contain Jason and Adam, my nephews. Adam, at almost-3, is showing some really excellent comedic timing, stage presence and directorial ability. If there isn't some sort of performance by the end of the weekend, I will be shocked.

You should come see the Friday show. I'd take you to the beach, but apparently the nephews travel with a LOT of stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I always hear your raves about the staff you work with, but getting to meet some of them Friday night showed me why you talk them up so much. Fun people...you're fortunate to have co-workers like that!

    ReplyDelete

New rule: I'm not approving anonymous comments. If you want to sit at the grownup table, you have to sign your name.

Now c'mon. Pick a fight.