Here’s what we know:
- A big chunk of the audience said they’d never seen Spite before.
- Our website traffic was WAY up—mostly because of the makeover videos.
- We were all getting comments and questions about the makeover at work and online.
- Pete and Dennis thought there were a good number of new faces in the audience.
I think we’re experienced enough as improvisers that even when we’re not hilarious every scene, we’re capable of being interesting. Pete, Dennis and Julie said the audience seemed engaged, even when they weren't watching. So I don’t think (the guys can weigh in to the contrary) that we ruined improv for anyone.*
- Spite starts rehearsing our asses off—we’ve got two shows in September (one at the KC Improv Festival, the other another gig with Loaded Dice) and a couple in October (Impfest! YAY!).
- We’re going shopping again, with the new rules we got from Amy and Daryl.
- We figure out how to keep our website hits going.
- And maybe do the same for Tantrum.
*I'm working on taking a compliment. So when some non-improv folks I work with said, "that was fun!" I resisted the urge to say, "It wasn't as good as we usually are!" That's really, really, really hard.