Here's why I'm excited about the festival:
- It's an easy way to see lots of other local improvisers play.
- I get to play with Spite and Tantrum, and what could be more fun than that?
- Susan Messing and Mark Sutton. They're two of my favorite performers and teachers—and they'll do both this weekend.
- I'm not in charge. The nice people at Improv-Abilities have taken that role—with help from lots of others, including Pete.
OK, and a little bit of venting:
- Audience voting for a "Best of" award should not turn us into assholes. You can be for your team without belittling others.
- And dude: QUIT PLUGGING YOUR OWN SHOWS ON OTHER TROUPE'S FACEBOOK EVENTS. It's one thing to go into playful throwdown mode on the wall for a competition—but if I invite you to an event and you use that event's wall to promote your show over it, I will nuke your post so fast it'll make your head spin.